Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bed Bugs hitchhike on sidewalk furniture

   When I lived in Jamaica Plain while attending Boston University, I never encountered bed bugs. My roommate was a Poindexter so he was clean and most of the dormitory kids were clean-shaven. I remember a girl who was scruffy but as far as I know, she was never a bed bug vector. In today's Boston.com, there's an article about bed bugs and I've provided the link and a snippet below:

City aims to take a bite out of bedbug problem
http://www.boston.com/yourtown/news/allston-brighton/2010/09/city_aims_to_take_a_bite_out_o.html
To bedbugs, Allston-Brighton feels like home, sweet home.


Around Labor Day each summer in this high-turnover neighborhood, streets, sidewalks and dumpsters fill with abandoned used furniture – couches, coffee tables, mattresses. Resourceful students and other neighbors move quickly to pluck the curbside freebies and put them in their own apartment or home.

This form of recycling is one of the most common ways bedbugs spread.

Click the link to read the full article

No comments:

Post a Comment