Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Mosquito Bite vs Bed Bug Bite

   Over the Labor Day weekend, I was staying at a friend's place in the Hamptons for my last bit of vacation before work resumes next week. Like everywhere else, mosquitoes are out in force during the summer and I was bitten a few times despite the screens that were on all of the windows. On Saturday night while I was sleeping, I began feeling itchy and since the bed bug hysteria is consuming New York City, I immediately thought bed bugs had invaded the Hamptons.

   I went to the bathroom and inspected my shoulder which was itching and took a photograph of the bite. It looked puffy and swollen which is indicative of a mosquito bite so I was relieved. The photo on the lower left is of a mosquito bite. If you want to see what bed bug bites look like, check out the bites on the upper photo - the bed bugs went to town on that guy's arm and bit in a straight line like a regiment of soldiers.

   So, if you ever need to check if your bite is of a mosquito or a bed bug, compare it to the photos I've included here for verification.

2 comments:

  1. one of the most helpful versions of this i have read to date, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of the most helpful versions of this i have read to date, thank you!

    ReplyDelete